RE: Tooth Fairy Project - Worthy of HPS Position Paper

I am providing John Frazier's response, with his permission.

Sandy,

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.  The Scientific &

Public Issues Committee last discussed the draft Position Statement

on this subject at the Orlando Midyear meeting two years ago.  I will

secure a copy of the (revised) draft from Otto Raabe and send it to

the other members of the Committee so that we can discuss it at our

next meeting in Augusta, Georgia.

I have been following this topic for over 4 years, when I was

contacted by a reporter with CBS News on the subject.  I referred the

reporter to Dr. Tom Gesell, as he is an expert on radionuclide levels

in the environment (and in humans).  Tom provided the reporter with

information about the Sr-90 in the environment and in humans

(including their bones and teeth).

Otto wrote a summary of the Project on March 29, 2001, that he sent

to Radsafe.  Currently on the HPS website, there is a response

written by Tom Gesell to a question regarding the Project.  In his

response, Tom refers to the NCI study of cancer risks near nuclear

power plants.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

John

------------------------------------

Sandy Perle

Vice President, Technical Operations

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.

3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@globaldosimetry.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/