Re: medical isotopes - patient expense

Until now, I thought that the issue was getting patients healthy.  Now, I know better.

This is all the more reason why 10 CFR 35.75 should be upgraded to require written information for ALL nuclear medicine patients.

This should include:  (1) dose to the patient (CEDE and max. organ CDE), (2) dose to others, and (3) impact on radiation monitors.

I can't believe this would be infeasible or too expensive.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton

liptonw@dteenergy.com