Dirty Bombs: Response to a Threat

Again this is an excellent brief on RDDs from the

Federation Of American Scientists. It  shows the

complexities of such an event. Unfortunately in action

by Congress has not changed the current picture at all.

Gerry Blackwood Ph.D

PS: My apologies for any typo's in my previous posts.

Dirty Bombs: Response to a Threat

Henry Kelly testified before the Senate Foreign

Relations Committee on March 6, 2002 on the threat of

radiological attack by terrorist groups. This excerpt

is taken from the text of his written testimony, based

on analysis by Michael Levi, Robert Nelson, and Jaime

Yassif, which can be found by clicking here.

Surely there is no more unsettling task than

considering how to defend our nation against

individuals and groups seeking to advance their aims by

killing and injuring innocent people. But recent events

make it necessary to take almost inconceivably evil

acts seriously. Our analysis of this threat has reached

three principle conclusions:

http://www.fas.org/faspir/2002/v55n2/dirtybomb.htm

http://mail.Justice.com