Re: Dirty Bombs: Response to a Threat

I happened across this speech by Michael Crichton(

http://www.crichton-official.com/speeches/index.html   Speech to the

American Assoc. for the Advancement of Science - January 25, 1999 )  just

before I read this RADSAFE post from Dr. Blackwood.  The rampant speculation

about how the public will respond to a dirty bomb seems to me to be given a

lot more credence than it deserves.  In fact nobody can possibly know what

the psycho-social impact of a dirty bomb attack will be.  Crichton discusses

the subject nicely.

>Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:29:16 -0800 (PST)

>From: "Gerry Blackwood"

>Subject: Re: Dirty Bombs: Response to a Threat

>Radsafers:

>I asked a retired Counter-Intelligence Officer who has

>over 25 years of operational experience in terrorism

>both here and abroad and who has hunted the bad guys

>for a good number of years for his opinion of this

>debate on RDDs. This is his response. If you have a

>reply I will forward it. Like I said pre-planning is

>the key...<snip>

Clayton J. Bradt, CHP

Principal Radiophysicist

NYS Dept. of Labor