Re: Dirty Bombs: Response to a Threat

Radsafers:

I asked a retired Counter-Intelligence Officer who has

over 25 years of operational experience in terrorism

both here and abroad and who has hunted the bad guys

for a good number of years for his opinion of this

debate on RDDs. This is his response. If you have a

reply I will forward it. Like I said pre-planning is

the key.

Gerry Blackwood

Gerry thank you for the opportunity to add to your

thoughts. -The purpose of our government is to protect

the people and insure their CONTINUED SAFETY AND

INSURED FUTURE . Not being a scientist, I cannot debate

rems and doses however, my expertise in Terrorism

allows me to postulate the following.

-The greatest damage from a "dirty bomb" low yield is

not from contamination rather the aggregate

psychological and financial loss, one of the primary

goals of terrorists.

The residue economic impact on the business and medical

resources can be calculated as astronomical and long

term. We have no long range programs to mitigate years

of trauma, economic and political chaos will prevail .

Media manipulation will only contribute to the total

collapse of our organized society as a direct result of

a dirty bomb. The government cannot become an insurer,

this will only establish an elite in the insurance

industry and eliminate their corporate responsibility,

rather certain individual rights will become impacted

by government control of the 'MONIES'. 9/11 SICKNESS

FROM THE SITE HAS ALREAD HAD LONG RANGE ECONOMIC IMPACT

ON THE FIRST RESPONDERS AND RESCUERS, CAUSING SOME

DEBILITATION IN THE RANKS OF EMERGENCY SERVICES AND

LONG RANGE MEDICAL MITIGATION OF ANTICIPATED AND

INCIPIENT ILLNESSES. FUNDING OF LONG RANGE PROGRAMS HAS

NOT BEEN AUTHORIZED BY CONGRESS DUE TO COST ESTIMATES

THAT ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD.

http://mail.Justice.com