Re: AW: How to Prepare for a Deployment to Iraq

Dec. 13

	Gerry Blackwood's deployment posting may or may not have been funny, but I

concur with Sandy Perle -- it is off topic.  The former wrote, "I am on

topic.. One of my friends happens to be with the Weapons Search Teams in

Iraq, which includes nuclear and radiation weapons."

	For Gerry to say that he is on topic on a radiation safety site because of

his friend's assignment is stretching it way too far.  Furthermore, RADSAFE

is not a forum for talking about the comforts we have that others do not have.

	That Mr. Blackwood is a "retired US Army Officer" does not impress me in

the slightest.  I, too, was in the Army at one time (for two and one-half

years; rose to E-4) and I had my fill and more of Lieutenant Colonels.

	"WE AMERICANS" have a wide variety of views concerning Iraq.  Some of our

views are represented by the popular press and some are not.  Some of our

views are represented by Gerry Blackwood and some are not.  I certainly

hope that you -- Gerry -- are not under the impression you do or can speak

for "ALL AMERICANS."

	Nobody is suggesting that you be "ashamed" of anything.  We are asking you

to stay on topic and take your un-related postings elsewhere.  (Flame away,

baby.  I'm not afraid of your silver oak leaves.  But keep it *off* RADSAFE.)

Steven Dapra

sjd@swcp.com