Dr. John Rundo (1926-2003)

I was sorry to read the obituary for Dr. John Rundo, in the January 2004

issue of "Health Physics News" (available to HPS members on the

Society's Website).  We have lost a great pioneer in our profession.

I had the privilege of working with John while at Argonne National

Laboratory, where my group supported the work of the Center for Human

Radiobiology.  My hallway conversations with him were probably the

equivalent of an academic degree.  I last met John, in 1992, at the HPS

Midyear Topical Meeting, where he was a plenary speaker.  My wife and

his also worked together, at Little Friends School, in Naperville IL.

John will truly be missed.

Bill Lipton

liptonw@dteenergy.com