Re: Depleted uranium slipped in by ABC

It looks the same in an X-ray, but since depleted uranium is so common

in shipping because it is a good shielding material and is also very

heavy as in counterweights, if there is a suspicion, then my guess is

that the monitors would look for neutrons.  If no neutrons, then it is

DU, otherwise, look out! It's the real thing.  Also, from what I have

seen, thse doing the  looking are not giving the whole world the inside

dope on how or what they are looking for.  Secret, you know, so the bad

guys don't know how to defeat the monitoring.

I am not saying that ABC did not get caught when they should have.  I

personally think that they sneaked one thru the monitors, but I could be

wrong.  I just believe that checking every shipping container for a

small nuclear weapon with 99.999  percent (OK, anyway, high)

probability of detecting one is too much to ask.

Merry Christmas

John Andrews

Knoxville, Tennessee