Re: [Fwd: RE: Nuclear Medicine Patients and Homeland Security]

I assume this was for those who do not work in

hospitals.  It is required to ensure compliance with

NRC guidelines.  Any medical licensee who did not

would be in violation of NRC requirements.

--- JDNUKE52@AOL.COM wrote:

> I  have a question has any one of you actually took

> readings at the surface

> and one meter from a patient who was administered

> 200 mCi of I-131?and also

> ever cleaned up vomit from a patient after 3 hrs

> from time of administering? I

> have its part of what I do I can assure you it would

> be wise to at least keep

> patient 24 hrs.after admin..

> This of course is my

> personal opinion

>        Jim Dykes

>      City of Hope

=====

"There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you."

Will Rogers

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist