Re: 'Dirty Bomb' Was Major New Year's Worry

Having both detectors will indeed allow separation of neutrons and

gamma.

 Resolution of the scintillation detectors is nowhere near to what is

needed to make a qualitative assessment of the gamma source.

 It may be because I have been designing various top-performance

high resolution spectroscopy devices for quite some time now I just

cannot think of a scintillation based device as of something

"highly sensitive". Which does not mean it is not good enough,

it depends on what quantities they are after and how much noise

they get from various sources they are not interested in.

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff

Transgalactic Instruments, Gourko Str. 25 b, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria

http://transgalactic.freeyellow.com