Re: Experts differ on radiation releases

Jan. 8

	Resnikoff appears to know something about risk assessment, or at least he

represents himself as knowing something about it.

	In 2001 a group of anti-nukers in Albuquerque retained him to evaluate

Sandia National Lab's risk assessment of its Mixed Waste Landfill.  He

spoke before a public meeting of this anti-nuke group in August, 2001.

With the passage of time I can not recall what he said, but recall that I

found his presentation to be rather weak.  (I should specify that I am

speaking as a layman.  I have no training in risk assessment or risk

analysis.)

	He appears to do a lot of work for anti-nuke organizations.  I am certain

that Sandy Perle's evaluation is correct:  that Resnikoff doesn't know

anything about Vermont Yankee, and that "his opinions are worthless."

Steven Dapra

sjd@swcp.com