Re: WIPP shipment through Albq. NM

In a message dated 1/12/2004 9:57:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, William V Lipton <liptonw@dteenergy.com> writes:

>For the benefit of all of us, I hope that you are a little more sensitive to the public's concerns when you speak at that hearing.  Please don't win the battle, but lose the war.

>The opinions expressed are strictly mine.

>It's not about dose, it's about trust.

>Curies forever.

>Bill Lipton

>liptonw@dteenergy.om

On the contrary,  I intend to be perfectly straighforward.  This is not "the public" who are concerned, but the usual collection of local and Santa Fe anti-nukes.  Since THEY are completely insensitive, so am I!  My bottom line: trying to stop or change the proposed shipments does nothing to protect public health or safety and simply serves to perpetuate unfounded fears.  (Yes, i am going to say that).

I believe that a straightforward presentation "benefits all of us" far more than yet another presentation that panders to the anti-nukes.

Ruth Weiner

ruthweiner@aol.com

505-856-5011

(o)505-284-8406