Re: WIPP shipment through Albq. NM

Jan. 12

	"DOE is not stupid, nor insensitive to risk.  These [WIPP] trucks have the

same probability of accident as any heavy truck, and the incident-free

doses are negligible or zero.  Before taking up for the protesters all the

time, why not inform yourself of the facts?"

	I'll second that -- get some facts, Bill.  I would much rather drive

alongside a WIPP truck than a truck loaded with propane or gasoline.  I

don't consider the latter two to be particularly dangerous, but I'd

certainly prefer the WIPP truck.

	In New Mexico it's the drunks who are dangerous, and we have them by the

hundreds.

Steven Dapra

sjd@swcp.com