Re: WIPP shipment through Albq. NM

One must remember that we are still fighting the Civil

War.  Truman signed legislation that removed racial

barriers in the military in 1948.  The Supreme court

ruled that integration was illegal in Brown v. Board

of Education.  There were a lot of people who believed

that integration was a stain on our courtry, including

such people as Benjamin Franklin and others when our

country was deciding what kind of government we would

have.  Bias and prejudgice did and still exists, but

public opinion, the democratic process, and judiciary

decisions are certainly factors in changing them.

The real issue is laws passed by Congress, and the

enforcement of those laws.  Laws allow the public to

review DOE, NRC, etc., documents and challenge

decisions.  And to petition this representatives.  I

support that process.  I may not like it, but that is

the law.  You may not like the public opposing

shipment of TRU waste, but that is the law.

democracy.(http://www.chrononhotonthologos.com/lawnotes/repvsdem.htm)

> Pete

> Peter Fear

> Radiation Safety Office

> SUNY Upstate Medical University

> 750 E. Adams St.

> Syracuse, NY 13210

> Phone:   (315)464-6510

> FAX:      (315)464-5095

> E-mail:   fearp@mail.upstate.edu

=====

"There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you."

Will Rogers

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist