Re: Study Raises Projection For 'Dirty Bomb' Toll

Hi all:

If a radsafe member has good figures [and a citeable reference] contradicting the

claims made by reporter Warrick about the earlier impacts of the Goaiana

accident, they should contact the W. Post's "news" editor or ombudsman [if

necessary] to force the Washington Post to run a correction of its clear error of

fact[s]. All papers have a policy of correcting direct errors of fact.

The fact that the Goaiana incident was not a group of "workers" servicing a

teletherapy unit, but a group of thieves/scavangers who were ripping apart an

abandoned teletherapy unit due to poor controls in Brazil of unused medical

equipment [at the time] alone should be corrected by the W. Post, along with the

clear errors in the number of people seriously injured.

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health