Re: Study Raises Projection For 'Dirty Bomb' Toll

 The fact that the Goaiana incident was not a group of "workers" servicing a

> teletherapy unit, but a group of thieves/scavangers who were ripping apart

an

> abandoned teletherapy unit due to poor controls in Brazil of unused

medical

> equipment [at the time] alone should be corrected by the W. Post, along

with the

> clear errors in the number of people seriously injured.

About the topic "poor control", I don't agree, this is not correct.  I was

Director of Department of Nuclear Installations and Material for 18 years

and among my responsibilities, one was the control of radioactive sources.

About Goiania, as before mentioned, I was sent there by the Regulatory

Authority as General Coordinator to Respond the Emergency. I was the first

person in Brazil to be informed about the event by the Health Secretary of

State and in the same day I travel to Goiania. There were 5 investigations

on the Goiania Accident in Brazil.

a) Police in Goiania,

b) State General Attorney,

c) State Congress,

d) Federal Police,

e) Federal Court of Justice

The dimension in Goiania was  lack to follow good  procedures and I agree

control by users.The Users were penalized by the Federal Court of Justice.

Anyone that wish correct information about Goiania, please write to me, no

one better than me know data about Goiania Accident.

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel