Re: Nuke 'yellowcake' from Iraq found?

National and International News? Ehhhhhh the BBC on a

good day other than that the Cartoon Channel. I scan

news I do not read or listen to it 98% of the time. U

have very selected listserveres that actually focus on

the headlines I am interested in and bring it to me of

which I scan. Professional publications, I also enjoy.

You have to understand that I work in an arena where by

the time a lot of this hits the news its old screwed up

news to me.

Other than that I cannot think of one news outlet worth

its salt. Especially WND, my goodness, you might as

well read the Onion.

Gerry

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:05:59 -0600, maury wrote:

> Gerry, you are quite critical of others news sources;

> what are your preferred

> sources? (Mine available on request)

> Cheers,

> Maury

> =======================

> A spokeswoman for the International Atomic Energy

> Agency said the Rotterdam specimen was scarcely

> refined at all from natural uranium ore and may

> have come from a known mine in Iraq that was

> active before the 1991 Gulf War.

> "I wouldn't hype it too much," said spokeswoman

> Melissa Fleming. "It was a small amount and it

> wasn't being peddled as a sample."

> She estimated that the Rotterdam sample contained

> around 5 pounds of uranium

> oxide.

> Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights

> reserved. This material may not

> be published, broadcast,  rewritten or redistributed.

> =======================

> Gerry Blackwood wrote:

> > Less than 2 pounds! WorldNetDaily? I rather read the

> National Enquirer, at

> > least they believe in UFO's and Elvis.......

> > Gerry Blackwood

> > On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:36:05 -0600, "Charly Frey"

> wrote:

> > > Nuke 'yellowcake' from Iraq found?

> > > IAEA probing discovery of uranium oxide in

shipment

> of > scrap steel

> > > 1:00 a.m. Eastern

> > > © 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

> > > A shipment of scrap steel believed to be from Iraq

> > > contains radioactive  material known as

yellowcake,

> according to a recycling

> > company in the

> > > Netherlands.

> Majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu  Put the

> text "unsubscribe radsafe" (no quote marks) in the

body

> of the e-mail,

> with no subject line. You can view the Radsafe

archives

http://mail.Justice.com