Re: Radiation Hormesis

I think if you look at some of the articles I

referenced you will understand what some of the

concerns are with using hormesis in setting regulatory

limits.

--- jjcohen <jjcohen@PRODIGY.NET> wrote:

>     In following this string on "radiation hormesis"

> it occurs to me that

> there must be some radsafers who are reasonably

> familiar with the scientific

> evidence supporting hormesis, but are unconvinced

> that it is a valid

> phenomenon.

>     Just out of curiosity, I wonder what kind, or

> quality of evidence would

> it take to convince you that hormesis is for real

> and ought to be taken

> seriously in formulating radiation policies? Would

> anyone care to take a

> crack at that?

> Majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu  Put the

> text "unsubscribe radsafe" (no quote marks) in the

> body of the e-mail,

> with no subject line. You can view the Radsafe

> archives at

> http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/

=====

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist