Re: Radiation Hormesis

John Jacobus wrote: " Of course, the real issue is should hormesis be taken

into account for regulatory limits."

Why is that the real issue? Why can scientists not simply say that the best

evidence suggests that hormesis is real and let the regulators worry about

whether to take hormesis into account or not?

For some reason we seem to have a hard time separating these two unrelated

issues when it comes to radiation, but not for anything else. We know that a

little bit of red wine is good for you, yet we pass laws setting a legal

drinking age and some jurisdictions pass prohibition.

Kai