Re: Overtime Will Be Outlawed

Classification of employee's is made by the employer, but there are specific

qualification for each classification.  I forget the exact wording of the

regulations for determination of exempt and non-exempt classifications, but

it has to do with freedom of determination or independence as to what you

are doing, and whether you are a supervisor or grunt.  I was involved in one

or two group lawsuits involving technical personnel that had very little

control over their hours of work, and were considered exempt employees.  The

group worked on an average - more than 56 hour a week.  They won their suit,

much to the consternation of NAVSEA.

Dean Chaney