Re: Radiophobia wins again

On 23 Jan 2004 at 17:29, garyi@trinityphysics.com wrote:

> As a matter of fact, if

> perception is reality then you can't argue against anything and we all

> might as well eat worms.

Gary,

I think we both agree. My only point was that in the mind of the

individual, THEIR perception, right or wrong, is THEIR reality. The

fact that the perception is totally incorrect, doesn't phase that

individual. In our context, if an individual feels so strongly that

any radiation is going to harm them, it doesn't matter that this

perception is incorrect. This person actually believes it, fervently.

In their case, in their own mind, their perception IS reality to

them, no matter what evidence is provided to refute this contention.

So, we agree. I do not believe that perception is reality. I am only

saying what an individual who has an intense belief might feel is

their own reality, in their own mind.

Sandy

Sandy Perle

Vice President, Technical Operations

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.

3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel: (714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax: (714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@globaldosimetry.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/