Re: U.S.: Nuclear Plant Cheated During Drill

I would say your comments are valid.  In the Navy, we

would have exercises that really looked like drills

that other commands had just had.

--- Gerry Blackwood <gpblackwood@justice.com> wrote:

> Its does not surprise me if true, though 90% of all

> drills are known in advance and are more a PR stunt

> or

> performed just to meet the code. Gerry

> Today: January 27, 2004 at 6:50:12 PST

> U.S.: Nuclear Plant Cheated During Drill

> By DUNCAN MANSFIELD

> ASSOCIATED PRESS

> KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -

> Security guards at the nuclear weapons plant in Oak

> Ridge stunned inspectors in June by successfully

> repelling four simulated terrorist attacks - a feat

> computer programs predicted wouldn't be done.

> That apparent success was tarnished, according to

> the

> Energy Department: Employees of an outside security

> contractor were tipped off about the impending

> simulations, making the tests a costly waste of

> time.

> . . .

=====

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist