RE: Worm strikes RADSAFE

> I have at least 6 hits from the latest WORM virus in the

> latest radsafe digest.  I suggest that Mike try to block, if

> possible, the following until they are dewormed.

The worm is not being passed through regular Radsafe messages or the

digests. If a subscribed member is infected and their email is

automatically firing off messages, that message may come to the list,

but the attachment has been stripped off first. If you have corresponded

previously with an infected member, you may also get direct emails from

that person, however possibly with the worm attached. As noted

previously, never open unexpected attachments, even from people whose

address you recognize, if there is a chance that the attachment contains

a worm or virus. At this point, I am not planning to ban anyone from the

list because of suspected worm infection. Instructions for cleaning your

system are available on a number of public sites.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 343-0068