Re: HVL tables for steel alloys

Try the Rossi, et. al., "Broad Beam transmission

properties of come common shielding materials for use

in diagnostic radiology," Health Physics 61:601-608,

1991 for information on steel, but not aluminum.  I am

not sure if their are much differences as the

composition of steels is primarily iron.

--- Bob Westerdale <Bob.Westerdale@ametek.com> wrote:

> Radsafers-

> Can anyone suggest a website that has HVL values for

> various steel and

> aluminum alloys for X-Rays ? We're typically under

> 100kV,    a family of

> kV values vs HVL ( or TVL?) for each alloy would be

> ideal.

> Thanks very much,

> Bob Westerdale,  RSO

> bob.westerdale@ametek.com

=====

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist