Contaminants in Rb-86?

We wee analyzing a mixed waste sample that we were

told contained Ca-45, P-32, H-3, and Rb-86.  The LSC

looked like Ca-45, however, the gamma spectrum showed

Cs-134.  There were two distinct, but lines at 795.76

and 604.66 with an estimated activity of 0.3 nCi.  The

only idea I had is that there is a contaminant in the

target material used to make the Rb-86.  (We have see

Eu-154 contaminants in Sm-153 waste do to the

bombardment of the target material.)

Has anyone else seen or knows about the Rb-86?

=====

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist