Re: AW: Follow up question

Franz,

could you direct me to where I can find information on the EU requirement for

a manufacturer to take back radioactive sources once they have become spent,

too weak for their original use or simply no longer required.

I'm not aware of any legal requirement in the UK and would find this

information most helpful.   It was my undertsanding that this had been put forward as

a potential future requirement but doesn't as yet exist in the national law of

the UK or even in an EU directive with a fixed timescale for implementation.

 One of the other ideas that has been put forward is for the source purchaser

to deposit an apprpriate sum of money to ensure the correct disposal of the

source at end of life.

Regards,

Julian