AW: Al-Qaida may have nuclear weapons

    -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

    Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Charly Frey

    Gesendet: Montag, 09. Februar 2004 21:01

    An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

    Betreff: Al-Qaida may have nuclear weapons

    Al-Qaida may have nuclear weapons

    Sunday 08 February 2004, 22:05 Makka Time, 19:05 GMT

    A pan-Arab newspaper has said al-Qaida bought tactical nuclear weapons

from Ukraine in 1998 and is storing them in safe places for possible use.

    You do not reveal the source of this message, nor the "pan-Arab

newspaper". Just another example of hearsay of hearsay. The sources of more

hearsay are either not mentioned or are far from any reliability - Lebed for

instance, who played a very queer role in Russian politics.

    I refer to Jaros comment on this article. There are much more

shortcomings, which I do not want to touch, because it is a waste of time.

    Overall this message comes very close or even exceeds the fairy tales

about the Iraqi weapons of mass destruction before the Iraq war. The

difference is that it comes from "somewhere", some unidentified newspaper.

    Franz