Re: PET study for 30 wk pregnancy

Thanks for the reference. A question or two regarding the data from the

ORAU web site. The headers for Tables 2 and 3 state that if the row is

shaded, the values are for mother and self dose. I am assuming that

self-dose means dose to the fetus resulting from the isotope crossing the

placenta into the fetus. The values given for FDG are not shaded.

Therefore, I am questioning whether FDG crosses the placenta and if so,

then what should I use to account for the increased dose to the fetus?

Jeffrey A. Garrett, MS, DABR

Chief Physicist

Mississippi Baptist Medical Center

1225 North State Street

Jackson, MS 39202

Office: 601-968-1725

Cancer Center: 601-968-1416 or 1420

Fax: 601-960-3317

The information contained in this email is confidential and is intended for the recipient only.  Do not forward this email without permission from its originator.