Re: the health of science - and application

Dear Dr. Howard Long and all radiation scientific friends:

You said junk science use $100 B to remove beneficial level of radiation from Hanford, rector waste site, etc. There was a paper of E.S Gilbert published in HPJ 64(3:577-590:1993) indicating the cancer mortality of the Hanford workers with doses per 10 mSv were negative, but strong " healthy worker effects" was found. So that there was no conclusion for radiation has beneficial or harmful   effects to humans,which might be agreed by all the radiation prptection people. Is it beneficial to the tax paid from the general public and their health.

You seem agree to Camerion idea in putting uranium  ore under the matress, I agee also to his idea, but recommended him to use higher doses as 50 mSv /y.  The radiation doses received by Hanfrd workers average in 10 mSv whole life, it did  reduce some cancer mortality of the workers, but was easy to observe, there avegage doses received by the residnts in the Co-60 contaminated houses was about 50 mSv/y in 1983, their camcer mortality reduced to about only 3% of the general population, and both ANS and HPS asserted 50 mSv of radiation received in one year, worrying  of the risk is not necessary, so I rmembered I suggested him to use 50 mSv, not only one or two time of natural background.

There were other friends have mentioned  junk science threating the health of science. I remembered I have crticized the junk science from WHO seriously injured the people in the pacific basin countries, they use the gene of flu of bird or animal could reorganize with the gene of flu of humans to  form a new gene of flu of huamns. which might be able to killl billions of people in a short time. There was a new virus of disease named SARS ( it stand for server acute respirtory symdrome) possibly just in circulation in the area of China and Hong-Kong, strict control measres had to be taken by the local countries, then the Busness and Sight seeing acivities sharply affected, $ million B of money lost. But the government, many scientist commuities were benefitted by having numerious tax money that coulld be used freely with private interest and desire. I am sad to to hear recently that, the big sum of resved SARS budget is being used for President Election. and I am angry that,

!

 th!

e reserved budget had been allocated to some anti-nulear community for using to keep the  nuclear free homstead country, which I am  proud it is still a free and democratic country.

It is hard for the scientists to refrain the WHO to create false scientific data, but it is important for the conscientous scientist, When the UN could give correct scientific data, all the countries will be benefitted.