Re: Al-Qaida may have nuclear weapons

Gerry and the other doves? Thats a new one.

Howard, Europeans like the Germans, the Italians and the British

and been subjected to terrorism far longer than what we have

experienced. The IRA, The Red Brigade and the Bader Meinhof Gang

just to name a few prior to the birth of AQ were some of Europes

biggest headaches. The German GSG9 Counter Terrorism Police and

the British SAS were models "WE" copied and that was because of

their experience dealing with terrorism. We are the new kid on

the block when dealing with terrorists.

So when you say that the Europeans cannot appreciate the

potential for disaster one city comes to mind, Munich 1972...

While Britian suffered many bombing by the IRA. Terrorism is a

worldwide problem that will take all free countries to deal with

not just ours. As far as Libya's disarmament is concerned this

was in the works for five years and had more to do with a

crumbling infastructure, and UN Sanctions that it did with our

war on terrorism. As far as Afghanistan is concerned its a mess.

Karzai holds on by the skin of his teeth, while we are confounded

about how to deal with Iran and North Korea. Plainly its a mess.

And the Bush Administrations is not helping matters much by the

NPT and opting to expand our nuclear program to include low yield

nukes. While is it way behind on SNM or Special Nuclear Materials

issues like the 410 metric ton of HEU still floating around the

old Soviet Republic, far behind.

I am not a dove but understand that this war on terrorism is not

just a US problem but a Free World problem and while we or any

Country cannot allow any non state aggressor to attack we cannot

take preemptive action with skewered intelligence that undermines

our worldwide creditability.

There is an order of battle or which we are not following. Again

list I needed to respond to this and I am sorry I got off topic.

Gerry

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:23:28 -0800, "Howard Long" wrote:

> Gerry and other Doves,

> "Foreign friends", like many populations without the access

their

> governments  have  to secret  info (like that leading to Lybia's

> abandonment

> of nuclear weapons), cannot be expected to appreciate the

> potential for

> disaster. We all celebrate Lybia's decision and can hope for the

> same from

> Iran, Syria and N Korea - now that there is credible incentive

> from Bush

> action on Afghanistan, Iraq and Homeland security.

> Radsafers are much less likely to be mitigating disaster, now

> that the world

> is safer from fanatic access to WMD and programs actually found

> by UN, Kay,

> etc.

> Howard Long

dumped

> in the Euphrates look silly and we have leaching problems here

as

> well. Yes Saddam proved that he would use weapons like these.

> While we sat by and not only watched but made sure he had more

> weapon systems. By the way, the same can be said for our use of

> the Bomb on Japan. So if we are going to use WMDs to save the

> lives of our troops, well we set the standard didn't we? Plainly

> WE screwed up here the order of battle was taken out of order

for

> a political theology. That has not helped us on TWOT or with our

> foreign allies which we do need and as Iraq has proven. Are we

> any safer than we were? NO not at all.

> Nuclear? North Korea, Iran, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and a few

> others who have them, want them or are researching them need to

> be dealt with while we cannot do away with Treaties such as the

> NPT so we can build Star Wars and low yeild nuclears weapons.

The

> same goes for the smuggling of fissile materials and technology.

> Again we set the standard.

> We need to be doing much better here and we are not. Sorry for

> going off subject....... Gerry

> On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:26:05 -0800, "Howard Long" wrote:

> Franz and other Wishful Thinkers,

> What do think happened to the 10,000 liters of anthrax spores

> (enough to

> wipe out most of humanity) confirmed by UN? A spiderhole for it

> would not

> even need the ventilation Saddam had.  In a vast desert, it

might

> never be

> found, but I will worry until its found.

> Was all of the VX dumped in the Euphrates (where some was found

> during the

> advance to Baghdad)? Was part of it, also, buried or conveyed to

> Al Quida to

> accomplish mutual objectives?

> More pertinent to this list, did Saddam again manage to rebuild

> rapid

> nuclear program, with scientists again afraid of asassination

and

> family

> torture? The one in '94 was revealed only by his son-in- law

> (after UN

> declared him clean).

> Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on

> me!

> Howard Long

Put

http://mail.Justice.com