Re: Beta dose in air?

Dr. Johnson,

The most useful reference I have come across on Beta dosimetry is found

in the compendium volume, 'Radiation Dosimetry,' by Gerald Hine and

Gordon Brownell, Academic Press, 1956. While more modern texts discuss

the subject using computer programs and other techniques, Chapter 16,

"Discrete Radioisotope Sources," (by R. Loevinger, E. Japha, and G.

Brownell) of

of this volume serves as the basis for much of the beta dosimetry

methods used in the environmental (equipment) qualification programs of

the US nuclear power industry.

Clearly, the text may be difficult to obtain, and if you are interested,

please contact me off list as I also have several supporting papers of

Loevinger's seminal work in the spatial determination of beta dose.

Best Regards,

David Matchick