Kidneys, Nevada DOE and BIOPSIES

Subj:   RE: Niagara, Franz, Kidneys around MED AEC sites

Date:   4/1/2004 12:32:52 PM Eastern Standard Time

From:   halld@nv.doe.gov

To: NiagaraNet@AOL.COM, franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT,

radsafe@list.Vanderbilt.Edu

Sent from the Internet (Details)

Dear NN aka LR,

This commentary is offered in all seriousness. (Seriously!!!)

>> Doesn't sound so serious. Sounds kind of like the rest.

So, How many of these "kidney disease" cases have had bioassay for Uranium?

>> Why do you use quotation marks "..."? In answer to your question, I don't

know, But it will be looked into. I thought someone in your section or

department would have that answer.

Likewise, how many "cases" have had post-mortem investigation of Uranium in

*any* organs?

>> I don't know other than there have been autopsies preformed and organs

sampled. DOE Nevada has these records. Why don't you know this? Currently, there

are several families that are taking steps to have exhumations done in support

of their, and others compensation claims. Ironic you should ask. I guess

you'll read or hear of the results.

Uranium is easy to detect at very low amounts with current analytical

technology, especially if you have a tissue sample (biopsy).

>> See above comment. How well would the U last in necrotic kidney >> tissue

30-40-50 years old...pretty well right?  : *)

Today's Key words:  "bioassay" "biopsy"

>> Thanks.

Oh, I almost forgot.  When are *all* the dialysis patients in the region

going to be tested for Uranium exposure? It seems to be to be an easy to find

"smoking gun" for adverse health effects.

>> I don't see the use of the word "all" in any previous posting. Your >> >>

word.

>> Jeez, I was just wondering when the DOE would fund such an >> >> >>

analysis. Any ideas on how to get in the DOE funding cycle for this >> sort of wide

test? I'd appreciate suggestions, as this sort of testing >> would certainly

tell the tale, so to speak, wouldn't it?

>> As far as smoking gun is concerned, as Karl Morgan said, and I'll >>

paraphrase,  In a thousand years people will be able to come back >> and see the

folly. Smoking gun is right!

David Hall

Las Vegas, Nevada

Speaking, as I always do on radsafe, only for my own professional curiosity.

>> AND from a US government department of energy computer.

>> Oh, I do see that it was during lunch though--don't forget to wash >> >>

those hands!