RE: Franz will be out to supper

On 1 Apr 2004 at 16:55, Stabin, Michael wrote:

> we had had my version of a

> very 'spirited' debate recently, without resorting to personal

> attacks. The opinions were strong and sharply opposed, but

> participants still maintained a factual focus. Then just today it did

> degenerate with this personal exchange, so, agreeing with Jason -

> let's get back to the facts, and take the personal stuff to private

> email, thanks.

Key word here is "had", which has been an ongoing degrading situation

in many threads. Too many personal attacks, and, not simply debating

a point of contention. Coincidentally I am in Japan, where courtesy

is a norm, and personal attacks are never even considered. In that

many of the personal attacks center around one's nationality, perhaps

some of "we" Americans should take a serious look at themselves in

the mirror.

------------------------------------

Sandy Perle

Vice President, Technical Operations

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.

3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@globaldosimetry.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/