  From: RuthWeiner@aol.com

  To: AnaLog@logwell.com ; NiagaraNet@aol.com ; radsafe-digest@list.vanderbilt.edu ; sjd@swcp.com ; halld@NV.DOE.GOV ; franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT ; jason.armstrong@PNL.GOV ; michael.g.stabin@vanderbilt.edu ; sandyfl@EARTHLINK.NET ; BLHamrick@aol.com ; jjcohen@PRODIGY.NET

  Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 12:56 PM

  Subject: Re: Oh Little Bethlehem, Kidneys, Love and Peace

    Even "Small Amounts" of Fission Products should not be allowed into the environment willy-nilly. Even tiny amounts--buried direct to soil. On this much science I am sure.

  Even the tiny amounts of K-40 in the bananas you eat or the salt substitutes you might use?  the small amounts of radioiodinhe, radiotechnetium, and other medically used radionuclides that we excrete and that then find their way into soil?  how about the AM-241 in your smoke detector (yes that is a byproduct of fission also)) and the thorium in your Coleman lantern mantle?

  Whatever that statement is, it is certainly not "scientific."

  Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.

  ruthweiner@aol.com