Re: Oh Little Bethlehem, Kidneys, Love and Peace

> Even "Small Amounts" of Fission Products should not be allowed into the

> environment willy-nilly. Even tiny amounts--buried direct to soil. On this much

> science I am sure.

Even the tiny amounts of K-40 in the bananas you eat or the salt substitutes

you might use?  the small amounts of radioiodinhe, radiotechnetium, and other

medically used radionuclides that we excrete and that then find their way into

soil?  how about the AM-241 in your smoke detector (yes that is a byproduct

of fission also)) and the thorium in your Coleman lantern mantle?

Whatever that statement is, it is certainly not "scientific."

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.

ruthweiner@aol.com