Re: Mercury scam?

> In Sweden.............................

There is an old  IAEA TECDOC, unfortunately not possible to download

Mercury Contamination in Man and His Environment

Technical Reports Series No.  137, 1972

Recently

Clearing Up the Past, Protecting the Present,

http://www.iaea.org/NewsCenter/News/2003/11-167147.shtml

International Conference on Isotopic and Nuclear Analytical Techniques for Health and Environment

Using nuclear analysis as a tool to look at the past is just one of many items on the conference's agenda. A major focus of the conference is aimed at the present, particularly on how nuclear analysis can protect people's health and the environment.

Such was the case in a small fishing village in Minamata Bay, Japan. Analysis of villagers' hair using nuclear techniques revealed their diets were high in fish contaminated by mercury. Industrial dumping of the metal caused birth defects and up to 108 deaths in the village.

Intention 2004 the Publication of Proceedings - International Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel