Re: Niagara Transuranics and Hg mistake

Global climate change certainly has a more significant environmental effect

that mercuric oxide in fly ash.

However, we are not going to stop using coal as an energy source.  Whether

burned directly or burned as gas or synthetic fuel, I suspect the world is going

to use all the coal it has until it is all used up.  The same is true of any

energy source.  We're going to use it all.  Nuclear power is not a substitute

for coal, but a part of the mix of energy sources that we will contionue to

use.

I might also point out that it is no less political to manipulate "fear" of

global warming than to manipulate radiophobia.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.

ruthweiner@aol.com