RE: Limited radiation exposure may actually benefit health

If you would like a copy of the NSWS let me know.  I

have a copy so you can review it yourself.  It was

never suppressed, but it does make a good story.  I am

sure any epidemiologist would have a field day with

the report, but may not get the conclusion you want.

I do not claim to be an epidemiologist, and do not

have special talents for finding hidden data and

agendas. I have to relie on the word of expects,

especially when they all agree.

My question is if people who are trained

epidemiologist and recognized in the field have not

found, why do you think there is something in the data

they cannot find?  Do you have any special talents and

skills that these professionals do not?

--- Jim Muckerheide <jmuckerheide@cnts.wpi.edu> wrote:

> You're right John! Never thought I would agree with

> you!

> The study was produced with competent epi analyses.

> The results are

> unambiguous and would be used directly by any

> competent researcher doing an

> analysis, as scientists routinely do in using

> published data.

> But the DOE's political agenda prevented Genevieve

> Matanoski from publishing

> the study (despite 10 years, 1978-1988, and $10

> million to perform the study

> with a primary purpose of eliminating any bias in

> the exposed vs. unexposed

> working populations).

> Later, in 1994, after long negotiations, DOE awarded

> Matanoski a substantial

> contract to continue to be funded (at which point

> she was able to give up

> being Chair of Johns Hopkins Epi Dept), but no paper

> reporting on these

> results was ever pub'd, and DOE was able to falsely

> claim that the exposed

> group had a healthy worker effect. Other "epi

> reviewers" that produce

> disinformation on the results are similarly engaged

> to support the political

> agenda of DOE et al.

> Regards, Jim

=== message truncated ===

=====

"Those who have not known the joy of standing up for a great cause of justice have not known what makes living worthwhile."

Paul Painleve, regarding the Dreyfus Affair, 1895

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com