RE: SECOND TRY -- RE: Limited radiation exposure may actually benefithealth

Again, the report was published and is available for

review.  I know you subscribe to the conspiracy that

this report was deliberately hidden, but it really

wasn't.  It is just hard to find among all of the

other studies done by DOE and others.  In fact, you

can find a number of them at http://cedr.lbl.gov/ and

http://cedr.lbl.gov/cedrhmds.

I certainly agree that the individual studies show

weak correlations between cancer and exposure.  A lot

has to do with the nature of the data collected, and

the other is that radiation is a weak carcinogen.

That can even be seen in the atomic bomb survivor

studies.  I would also rise the issue that many

cancers may take years for some solid cancers to

develop, as I am sure you know.

Interestingly, I did not see anywhere where the LNT

was referred to in this report.  Again, the report was

looking for leukemia and other cancers at the doses

indicated, but no statistical risk, which is true as

far as the report goes.

--- Jim Muckerheide <jmuckerheide@cnts.wpi.edu> wrote:

> To the contrary, as I responded 4/9, its a valid epi

> study. It stands on its

> own. It could/would be used by any competent epi

> doing further work. But it

> won't be because it was/is intentionally not

> published. Denying the results,

> and its existence, is done by those with explicit

> political agendas.

> They also use results of small, weak, studies to

> falsely claim that the LNT

> can be supported by picking one cancer out of dozens

> in one study, and claim

> an increase in a different cancer from another

> small, weak, study, while

> ignoring the fact that the cancer from the first

> study has a lower cancer

> rate. Of course these studies are too small and weak

> to show a decrement in

> all cancer.

> (By the way, since you now have the study, you can

> use the tables yourself

> to compare the actual "All cancer" data in this

> major study to see that the

> exposed group has a statistically significant lower

> cancer rate than the

> non-nuclear workers.)

> -Jim

> =================

> I have had the report, and have had reviews by

> knowledgeable epis, since it

> was released by DOE in 1991.

> The report results are self-evident when not

> screened through the people

> with a political agenda. You don't need special

> talents to read the results

> of the report, just to do the analyses. Just read

> the report instead of

> listening to the people with a political agenda.

> (You do have to look at the

> detailed tables to see the "All cancer" data that

> DOE did not report in its

> 1991 summary.)

> Unfortunately, instead of reading the report you are

> relying on the word of

> people with a political bias who are misrepresenting

> the report and

> producing disinformation, while ignoring those who

> are reporting objective

> evidence of the science contained in the report.

> However, I do believe you when you say you "do not

> have special talents for

> finding hidden... agendas. :-)

> Regards, Jim

> ===============

=== message truncated ===

=====

"Those who have not known the joy of standing up for a great cause of justice have not known what makes living worthwhile."

Paul Painleve, regarding the Dreyfus Affair, 1895

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com