RE: Homemade MRI

I am wondering why the researcher would build a 0.5 T

machine when currently 1.5 T and 3.0 T units are

available? Resolution would be low if it is a whole

body unit.

For risks, see

http://health.allrefer.com/health/mri-risks.html

http://www.yourmedicalsource.com/library/mri/MRI_risks.html

--- garyi@trinityphysics.com wrote:

> Wes,

> Would an informed consent from subjects change their

> status to something other than

> members of the public?  I know that's not the case

> for ionizing radiation, but I don't

> know if RF has the same regulatory restrictions.

> Purely hypothetical, since I personally wouldn't

> recommend it to any friends until it had

> been *thoroughly* tested on animals.

> -Gary Isenhower

> Majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu  Put the

> text "unsubscribe radsafe" (no quote marks) in the

> body of the e-mail,

> with no subject line. You can view the Radsafe

> archives at

> http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/

=====

"Those who have not known the joy of standing up for a great cause of justice have not known what makes living worthwhile."

Paul Painleve, regarding the Dreyfus Affair, 1895

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com