RE: Dental X-Rays Might Lead to Small Babies

There was a study that showed an increase in new born

deaths in the US.  The reason is that we have medical

procedures that allow those babies that would have

died in uterio to be delivered.  My first guess, as

noted below, is that this was not a well prepared

study that look at all confounding factors, such as

second-hand smoking, nutrition, etc., and such factors

as increased, but underweight, deliveries.

--- "Neil, David M" <neildm@id.doe.gov> wrote:

> Since heart problems and dental work have been

> linked (due to bacterial entry to the bloodstream

> through the exposed tissue) this seems to be a

> confounding factor worth investigation.

> Dave Neil

=====

"Those who have not known the joy of standing up for a great cause of justice have not known what makes living worthwhile."

Paul Painleve, regarding the Dreyfus Affair, 1895

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com