RE: Dental X-Rays Might Lead to Small Babies

Of course, one could ask if the thyroid function of

the women with low birth weight babies checked?  To

the best of my knowledge, the thyroid function is not

a routine test given to pregnant women.

A few years ago, there was a concern about children

born along the Rio Grande River having a high incident

of spina bifida.  The cause was low amounts of folic

acid in the women's diet.

I suspect that there is a casual vs. casual

relationship between dental x-rays and low birth

weight babies.

--- "Brunette, Jeff J." <Brunette.Jeffrey@MAYO.EDU>

wrote:

> Actually, I think the "3 mrem" is a misquote from

> the article.  To read the article for yourself, try

> this link: http://jama.ama-assn.org

> <http://jama.ama-assn.org>  .  From there you should

> be able to download the entire article from JAMA.  I

> have the article now but haven't had the chance to

> read it yet.  Therefore, I have no comments or

> opinion on the study yet.

> Jeff Brunette

> Mayo Clinic Rochester

> brunette.jeffrey@mayo.edu

> <mailto:brunette.jeffrey@mayo.edu>

=====

"Those who have not known the joy of standing up for a great cause of justice have not known what makes living worthwhile."

Paul Painleve, regarding the Dreyfus Affair, 1895

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com