Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc. President Sandi Nemecek to RetireFollowing 34 Year Tenure; Thomas Logan Named as Successor

Costa Mesa, Calif., May 5, 2004 . Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.,

(GDS) a leading international provider of dosimetry services

(analytical determination of exposure to ionizing radiation), is

pleased to announce the appointment of Thomas Logan as its Chief

Executive Officer (CEO). Logan joins GDS after having served as its

Chief Transition Officer in conjunction with the purchase of GDS by

American Capital Strategies Ltd. (NASDAQ: ACAS) from Valeant

Pharmaceutical. With more than 20 years of experience in global

manufacturing, Logan has held senior operating and financial roles

within the contract manufacturing, consumer products and integrated

energy industries. He is the former Chairman of the Board of the

Association for Financial Professionals, and a current Board member

of the New Piper Aircraft Corporation. Logan holds a Bachelor of

Science degree and a Master.s degree in business from Cornell

University.

The new appointment was made following the company.s announcement

that Sandra (Sandi) Nemecek, the company.s President and a founding

employee plans to retire at the end of this year. .I have been

preparing for this day for some time,. said Nemecek. .Now that GDS is

thriving as an independent company, I can.t think of a better legacy

for my retirement..

Nemecek began her career with GDS in 1970 and rose through the ranks.

In 1978, Sandi accepted the opportunity to manage a small product

line called .Dosimetry. located in Cleveland Ohio. In 1985, she

relocated the business to the current location in Costa Mesa.

Throughout her 34-year tenure, Sandi has enjoyed enormous success in

building the company from a small product line into a dominant,

global dosimetry service.  .I have great confidence in Tom and am

pleased that he has accepted the position of CEO,. said Nemecek.  .I

have worked closely with him for the past six months, and we will

continue to work closely together to ensure a seamless transition..

.Sandi has been a key contributor to the success of GDS . her

experience and guidance in the business along with her excellent

reputation in the marketplace have been instrumental in making the

company what it is today,. said Robert Klein, Managing Director of

American Capital. .Tom brings tremendous experience in managing

high.volume industrial businesses, has extensive international

experience and a great leadership style, which will serve our

customers and employees well,. Klein continued. .We are grateful for

Sandi.s contribution, and look forward to continued growth under

Tom.s leadership..

About Global Dosimetry Solutions

Global Dosimetry Solutions, based in Costa Mesa, California, is one

of the world's largest providers of radiation dosimetry services. GDS

offers a full range of services for measuring ionizing radiation

primarily through film, thermoluminescent and track etch

technologies. Since early 1970, the company has continually provided

state-of-the-art personal radiation monitoring services to hospitals,

medical and dental offices, university and national laboratories,

nuclear power plants and other industries. GDS provides services to

more than 500,000 people globally.  For more information, please

visit: www.dosimetry.com.

About American Capital Strategies, Ltd.

American Capital is a publicly traded buyout and mezzanine fund with

capital resources in excess of $2.7 billion. American Capital is an

investor in and sponsor of management and employee buyouts; invests

in private equity sponsored buyouts, and provides capital directly to

private and small public companies. American Capital provides senior

debt, mezzanine debt and equity to fund growth, acquisitions and

recapitalizations.

Contact:

Monica Golden

949.940.0030

monica@trueparallel.com

------------------------------------

Sandy Perle

Vice President, Technical Operations

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.

3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@globaldosimetry.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/