Patients, Physicians Unaware of CT Radiation Exposure ?

"theoretically one photon can result in a cancer, period. " (below)

True, but to not add the benefit of stimulating biologic defenses, would be

like a businessman counting only costs, not receipts!

Note also, "[Melanoma] cases tended to have LOWER exposures to UV during

ages 20 to 24 than controls;-" (Moore et al, LLNL '94)

And, "Iraqi killed - 5,000/yr '03, '04"  (but 50,000/yr '92-'02!)

I had dental film all over my X-ray room because patients and physicians

should know. However, I abandoned a study design for detecting hormesis in

smokers, after realizing that the power to detect significant differences

would be low because all would have any good effect from the 1 rem from a CT

( about the yearly dose benefiting most Americans, I believe).

Howard Long MD MPH