RE: Kerry on Yucca Mt. and politics

OK.  Both presidential candidates say what they think speaks to their constituencies (what will get them votes).  I don't like it one bit, but being anti-nuke has become part of the Democratic canon. Kerry is going to go along with this because otherwise he will lose votes to Nader and it could cost him the election. I don't think Bush cares about anything at all except his own re-election. I think the fact that Kerry is intelligent enough to become educated in this respect is a positive and not a negative attribute. Would that the White House incumbent had been intelligent enough, or honest enough, to question his own positions on those centrifuge tubes, uranium purchases, and weapons of mass destruction, for example.

I changed my own position on nuclear power, after a lot of thought and a lot of talking to people, and I do not see it as a character flaw.  I would rather have a President who listens and is capable of changing his  mind than one who stubbornly sticks to falsehoods and deceptions.

Ruth

--

Ruth F. Weiner

ruthweiner@aol.com