Diff rules for natural vs. man-made radioactivity

Friends:

A year or so ago, there was a short thread here on the difference in specs

for handling and disposing of natural vs. human-made radioactivity.  I

believe the context was some sort of European conference.  As I recall,

human-origin material had to meet something like 100-fold stricter RA limits

than natural material of the same or similar composition.  And there may

have been a distinction of this sort even between NORM vs. TENORM.

Oil-drilling sludge was specifically discussed, I believe.

Can anyone retrieve (or supply afresh) that sort of information?  I want to

illustrate the point that, although our bodies can't distinguish whether a

source is natural or not (a vague concept indeed), the rules treat them as

if they were different (in Europe? US?).

Any leads will be appreciated.  I'm on a short deadline, unfortunately.

Thanks.

Ted Rockwell

301-65-9509