Re: Strontium-90 on Tennessee Highway 95

1) We know the subject what we don't know is the best way to transmit information - One of the important lesson in Goiania, were discussing with the press the best way to transmit, one told me: -- Is quite difficult to avoid errors, many of you express by means of abstract words. We know that you know on you are talking about. What you don't know is our difficulty to understand what you know and are talking about.

Example we know the difference among the three words:  irradiation, exposition and contamination.  Until now most of the society doesn't.

2) In terms of IAEA I suggest the following document available to download:  TECDOC 1076 Communication on Nuclear, Radiation, Transport and Waste Safety: A Practical Handbook, April 1999 - I was one of the contributors to draft and review

http://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/te_1076_prn.pdf

3) More on this and psychological approach, please read my extensive message to radsafe at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/0001/msg00470.html

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il