Re: Nuclear Power Des NOT Need Gobal Warming Hoax!

John, your caution may or may not be warranted. The fact remains,

however, that a large number of scientists including those active in

atmospheric research remain quite skeptical of the anthropomorphic

account for climate change; this in sharp contrast with claims by IPCC

heads and other advocates of that position. Most of the "global warming"

claims still rest on the results of computer models which remain

inconsistent  with records of (observed) past temperature changes.

Science ultimately derives from observations, not from computer models.

Thus, the world muddles on in spite of political decisions. And the

muddling is accompanied by continuous changes in the models to

accommodate old and new data.

In addition, (to the best of my understanding) the original report by

Working Group II of the IPCC concluded originally that there was

insufficient empirical evidence to support a conclusion of man-made

climate change. That conclusion was re-written by those who prepared the

Executive Summary for Policymakers to reverse literally the conclusions

of the Working Group. That little gem ignited the firestorm that has

raged now for ten years or so.

Does this mean that anyone is nuts or dishonest or ....? No, there is no

certain answer to those questions, but the empirical data remain data

and computer model results thus far remain in their own problem cage.

And we simply do not know enough yet to impose draconian measures on

ouselves to avoid some unknown, claimed dire possibilities. My beliefs

settle nothing, but there is an abundance of evidence for the

conclusion that climatology and related endeavors are in their infancy.

Part of what makes science  thrilling and so much fun ....

Cheers,

Maury Siskel