Cracking E-600 code.

 Greetings,

I need help with one of our instruments.

In our facility for the predecon/post decon/final surveys, we are

using Eberline E-600 for alpha measurements.

One of the buildings is practically, dark inside with few temporary

lights. Our techs have hard time using E-600 in those dark

conditions, hard to see readouts.

E-600 has a "light" button, but the light stays ON only a few

seconds...They are going mad, trying to keep pushing that light

button all day long for 10-12 hours ;-)

Does anyone know the way how to keep the E-600 READOUT light ON?

I did a few experiments with an Electra, we have some of those too.

For example, NE Tech Electra light will stay on, if you press light

button three times...

I tried all of the similar tricks with one of our E-600 floor

monitors, it did work once!! but I could not reproduce that "secret

code"/combination, ever again!!!!!

I could not see anything in the E-600 technical manual about keeping

the light on.

You all have a good and safe USA holiday weekend.

Emil.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/