Re: An HP Position is Open in Texas [License Reviewer, IndustrialLicens ing...

This one job post really has nothing to do with health physics in Texas.  The

payscale for all state jobs is less than those typically paid by industry.

The job may have a name attached to it but the pay grade system works the same

for all.  I actually had to turn down a state job where everything would have

been perfect, except I couldn't handle the financial transition.

The money is pretty good in nuclear power, but I think most who are really in

the game to make things work at a site would say their pay compensates for

all of the emergent items, long hours (paid or unpaid), etc.  As my position and

income have grown at the plant, there is also a significant increase in the

uncompensated responsibilities.

I once had an instructor that said go for the quality of life, because

somehow you will manage to commit all of your money and never have enough anyway.

He was so right.

Glen